Wednesday, February 21, 2007

more poetry

Conspiracy

This morning my rooster
Interrupted my undersea
rollercoaster ride with the seven dwarfs
So I rolled over and smacked it's plastic head.
Nine minutes later
“squawk! squawk! squawk!”
So, I smacked him again.
“squawk!”
slap!
“squawk!”
smack!

Finally fed up, I left for work...

But, that obnoxious devil
Sent a telegraph via high-line
To all the other chickens
And they conspired to get me fired!
Wouldn’t you know it?
My boss’s little chicken,
That mean little beast
Was waiting on my boss’s desk
With a big fat lie on her face.




My Own Space

Tucked up and away
From the noisy rumble
The daily roll and tumble
My twilight treetop bungalow
Each night I wearily go
To sleep in a little girl's bed
To rest my spinning head
No ears to hear me laughing
No eyes to see me dancing
Above the grind and measly place
To gaze upon a paper face
Peaceful planet far away
In His palm I gently sway
And, rest for yet another day.

“Rock-a-bye, daughter
In the treetop
When the wind blows
Your world will be rocked
When your back breaks
And your tears start to fall
I will come running
And handle it all.”



My Blue America

With a humble pen
And repentant paper,
I write of America,
Home of the Takers.

Comfortable
In my small town grind,
So deaf to the Truth
And injustice behind

My blue America.

Home of the proud
Land of the Free,
But compromise binds us
With materialism and greed.

Two million people
In prison this year,
The sacrifice of family
In pursuit of career,

Free sorcery,
deceit! And much more!
Apathy, immorality,
I wonder what’s in store

For my blue America.

I’ve been raised
To love this land.
Our fathers came here
In the master’s hand.

But under the umbrella
Of patriotism and glory
We accept what we are given
And let hell write the story

Right here in my blue America.

Stop complaining,
And start restraining
The spirit of despair






Stop media quoting,
And start Bible voting,
In favor of love
And hope and care

Aren’t we just as guilty
As members of the jury?
We allow it to happen,
And then sit back and worry.

Here in my
Battle scarred,
Spiritually starved,
God forsaken,
Bigotry shaken,
Baby killing,
Blood spilling,
Self indulgent,
Black and
Blue America.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

"start restraining" spoke into my life at the very moment I needed a Word. Thanks!