Friday, January 12, 2007

"Can we trust really trust God?" talk for Munday

I was asked to speak tonight by my grandmother months ago. At the time I didn’t know what to talk about, but those who know me know well that I always have something to say. So I have been praying and asking God what I am supposed to share and I believe I am here to share a story for the purpose of encouragement.

My question for us tonight is: Can we really count on God?

About 10 years ago God sent me to the Fort Worth area for a season in my life. I had recently become a true believer in Jesus. I know that I walked the isle and was baptized when I was 8, but it didn’t really get to my core until I was 23. You could say that I sort of wrote God a hot check and didn’t let him cash it until 15 years later.

While I was teaching at Spring Town High School I got involved with a church in Peaster Texas. It was a kind of greenhouse for my spiritual growth. I grew very strong in the Lord in a very short while. Meanwhile, I was searching as all nearly 24 year old old maids do, for my husband. Funny thing, in my church there were no single guys my age.
I thought that surely my man had to be in the Metroplex. But through a crazy turn of events including an engagement to a Mr. Wrong, I wound up in Munday again. I had every intention of going straight back to Fort Worth as soon as I was married. However, in God’s sovereign plan for me, I would not return to Peaster. In fact, I would see that relationship fall apart leaving me stranded in Munday. I was living with my parents, feeling like a failure and wondering “what next, God?” Could I count on God for direction and provision? Was this the end of the road?...

continue reading?

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Oh Kacy how you blessed me. I just loved that and really needed to hear it, or see it. I'm at WeevilWorld Headquarters all teary eyed on a lazy Friday afternoon. I wish someone else was here so I could share this with them.

You do such good things. We're so glad you are back in Munday with us again.

Though mine is not nearly as enlightening as yours, and only has two posts thus far, you can check me out at http://WeevilMaw.livejournal.com/

Andi Hunter