Monday, January 22, 2007

More Poems

My Own Space

Tucked up and away
From the noisy rumble
The daily roll and tumble
My twilight treetop bungalow
Each night I wearily go
To sleep in a little girls bed
To rest my spinning head
No ears to hear me laughing
No eyes to see me dancing
Above the grind and measly place
To gaze upon a paper face
Peaceful planet far away
In His palm I gently sway
And, rest for yet another day.

“Rock-a-bye, Kacy
In the treetop
When the wind blows
Your world will be rocked
When your back breaks
And your tears start to fall
I will come running
And handle it all.”



THE BREAK UP

I used to love you with
A passion that could
Shake the mountains and split he sea
And tame the lions of fear

I used to ache for strong arms that hold,
Quiet eyes to hush
And sweet words that seemed solid as stone

Now I am
Alone…

Now I ride the waves of the calendar
And saddle the ticking tock
And a love so pure for one swift glance
Has left me bleeding inside.

I say I’m happy.
I claim that I’m fine
But, the hole left buy you
Is haunted by time

Time, time, time and again.
I lose a love, I lose a friend

Day, by day by day by hour
I find no fresh water for this wilting flower

Minute by minute by minute by thought
I spent my love, what have I bought.

Not a “ you “ or a “he” or a him
Not a promise, a wish, a hope, or a whim

I’ve got plenty to do and
A Him to do for.
Papers to sign,
Books to explore…

But, the shake of the mountains
And the shush of the rain
Brings only more regret
Contemplation and pain

You know what I would change
In my reason and rhyme,
Nothing,
Nothing,
Nothing,
But time.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

Good Morning,
I was blessed by your talk and just by 'seeing' you last night. These poems are wonderful, as are you.
Love, Tam